Friday, November 5, 2010

High Expectations of Myself

Hello bloggers,

I know its been almost a week since I checked in with ya'll. I started the diet or "new lifestyle" on last saturday. I was able to stay on plan okay until Monday. I know! I feel so bad! I wasn't able to keep my promise to myself for more than a couple of days! Isn't it awful! And then I stayed off of here because I felt soo bad about it...been beating myself up this entire week. You might be asking yourself how this happened well let me tell you!

Monday started out fine, I packed enough food to stay POP( saying they use in the Provida forums means Perfectly on Plan) and even woke up earlier that day to do so. See my plan suggests that I eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I was already having some trouble with that because between mid-morning snack and lunch is an extremely busy time for me. It is the children's work time and let's just say it is near impossible to pull myself away to use the restroom let alone eat food in front of them without causing a frenzy. So, my solution was to wake up earlier so that way I can have my mid-morning snack when we go outside (and yes, I did just stuff some food down my gullet and vamonos to join the other teacher lol)

The problem started shortly after lunch when I went off to do my schooling. I was in government and had just eaten my mid-afternoon snack not even 30 minutes prior when I started getting light-headed and had such STOMACH PAINS! I was soo hungry and did not have anymore food with me! Nor would that be on plan for another hour and a half! I know your thinking geez! this girl eats so much food that she can't man up for a measly hour or so...and that's cool because honestly that's what I was thinking of myself! I was in disbelief how bad my stomach hurt. I finished my government class and rushed home to open up a container of POP turkey meatballs(which turned out to be DELICIOUS!) and like a 3 yr old with candy started popping them in and swallowing. After about 10 minutes the headache faded, the dizziness went away, and my stomach felt fine. I, however, was in disbelief for a few more hours. Oh, and P.S I am NOT a diabetic or have any health issues other than a cold here and there.

I had no clue what had happened to me and the only thing I can surmise is that I am exerting too much energy to only be eating the portion size I'm eating. See, it was fine during the weekend when I was at home studying but working with kids can take a little more energy and I wasn't compensating for that. This event did scare me though something fierce...and the rest of this week I have not been on plan. I have been eating differently and I have been eating breakfast too! I find that sodium plays a big part in my old eating habits and so now I watch for that.
As far as food goes everything has tasted alright I watch plenty of cooking shows so I've picked up on how to cook with flavor from natural sources and stay away from the highly processed foods.

All in all, it has definitely been an interesting week maybe not necessarily on how well I stayed on course but learning about how I react in certain situations and the discourse that follows... I have some areas I need to work on. Even with all that has happened I did still manage to lose 2lbs this week...Not alot but hey! progress is progress and what I've learned thus far has been invaluable!

So there's the nitty gritty and I promise from here on out to not avoid you when I'm not perfectly on plan..or perfectly on my plan! ;)

Sorry, almost forgot for those interested!

POP Turkey Meatballs:
I took one pound of lean ground turkey added 2 egg whites, shallots( Which if you aren't cooking with shallots you should! they are not super expensive and add a GREAT flavor) minced garlic, Quaker oats, Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning to top it off.

Mixed it all in a bowl and formed into balls.
Then in my skillet I added some No Salt Added Organic Chicken Stock just enough to cover the bottom of my skillet and heated that up.
Once it was hot I added in my meatballs and cooked on high to get a lovely brown coloring and carmelization.

Being that this was my first time cooking meatballs I did have a little trouble getting that perfectly round shape and ended up slightly overcooking them! lol

But even then they still had some awesome flavor and the oatmeal added a little something extra too!
So, all in all, not a bad off the top of my head recipe.

But like I said I did overcook them so no pictures to go with this ha ha ha

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on losing the 2 pounds!! I'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete