Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 0: The Order

Hi Fellow Bloggers,

My name is Abby. I'm 22 yrs old, brown hair, hazel eyes, 5'9 and I weigh approximately 270lbs. Last night, I took a leap and ordered the 6 Week Full Body Makeover.

I've always struggled with my weight since I was a baby. I think I just sort of started off on the wrong foot. When I was born I weighed 10lbs 7oz. I've asked myself over the years "Man, what was my mom feeding me?!" but she was overweight too! Not that I blame her. She is still my hero especially since I was her 4th kid out of 5 and that takes guts and ALOT of patience :) The statement however that obese parents have a higher chance of making obese children I do believe that is accurate and perhaps that is what happened with me. When I was a kid, I wasn't really taught much about right food choices because at that critical time where I would have learned that stuff my dear mother was diagnosed with cancer after the birth of my little sister. I was 7 yrs old. Life for the next few years was like a whirlwind and honestly I don't remember much. I just sort of blended in to the background. My dad did the best he could he worked all day and spent all night with my mom and somehow taking care of 5 kids. My brothers picked up on the majority of the day-to- day tasks even simple things like cooking dinner. I was one of the guys and the portion size of my meals were like the boys way too large and the wrong foods. So I developed eating habits like a male. Meat and potatoes and sweets. To top that all off I also had problems with my feet, a slow metabolism, and low immune system. Combine all that and you have a recipe for disaster or in my case being overweight.

My mom passed away the summer I was going into 5th grade. Dad did eventually end up getting remarried and the woman he married(and is still married to) was super nice and started helping me to lose weight by reducing my portion size and lots and lots of salads. I did lose weight and kept it off for a year or so but then when I started eating normal portions(NOT huge like before just normal) I noticed the weight started climbing back up not only that but I was approaching puberty and my body was undergoing chemical changes. I slowly started gaining weight back. Fast forward to my junior year in high school. I got depressed and started gaining weight rapidly. My parents took me to all sorts of doctors and had a bunch of tests run on me but they all came back with I was fine. It wasn't until I started seeing a counselor who quickly saw that I was depressed and was able to explain the chemical side to things. See apparently if your depressed you will either A. Lose weight or B. Gain weight I was without a doubt a B. My body thought it was in survival mode and everything I ate it held on to and turned to fat because the chemicals were telling my body that I was starving it. I gained over 100lbs in a little under a year.

It's been about 4 years since then and I have gone on numerous diets since then and still have not managed to lose much weight.

Now, I'm not making excuses. I'm simply trying to give you a little background. Because its not like I'm just lazy and not trying to do something. I am trying but what I'm trying just isn't working. This diet seems different because it doesn't just have one surefire way to lose weight... it has several! People are different and the fact that this diet realizes that gives me hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment